SMIG – An Integrated Smart Test Environment for the Mining Industry
SMIG offers to act as Mining innovation enabler, Single point of contact for test and demonstration, and Funding and project support.
The SMIG project delivers a proposal of the future SMIG organization that the aim is to enable the mining industry to accelerate the use of innovations and new solutions targeting to reach a fully automated mining operation. The SMIG test environment includes a business model, organisation and offerings as well as a framework for technology-independent information exchange. The test environment has been supported by several use cases.
At Euro Mine Connect, June 1st – 3rd SMIG had a “Digital Booth” presenting the different parts of SMIG as the following “Products”:
- SMIG Organisation, operation and business model
- SMIG Technology independent framework for digital information exchange – based on the open source framework: Eclipse Arrowhead
- Use case “Digitized material tracking through the value chain”
- Use case “Digitalized Ground Support”
- Use case “High Quality Long Hole Drilling”
- Use case “Seismic imaging while drilling”
- Use case “Virtual development and testing of autonomous loading ”
Full presentation of the SMIG results are available as videos in the SMIG YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04eXt3j7Om8o7gNNY_bcrw